Community Action Planning Council is offering free income tax preparation to low-income households in Jefferson County. Filing a tax return is as easy as making an appointment to meet with an IRS-certified volunteer who will provide basic income tax return preparation (Forms 1040, 1040-A, 1040-EZ). Well-trained, experienced tax preparers are knowledgeable about special tax credits, including Earned Income Tax Credit. Electronic filing and direct deposit are offered.
To qualify for tax preparation services, household income must not exceed $55,000. Service is not available to small businesses or military households. Tax preparation is offered by appointment only.
For more information or to make an appointment, call 315.782.4900, ext. 271. For appointments at the Carthage or Clayton locations, call the phone numbers listed below. Tax preparation is available at the following locations:
- Community Action Planning Council – 518 Davidson Street Watertown
Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays, February 3 – April 14, 2014, 9:00 AM to 1:45 PM
- Flower Memorial Library – 229 Washington Street Watertown
Saturdays, February 8 – April 12, 2014, 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Village of Adams Offices – 3 South Main Street Adams
Tuesdays & Thursdays, February 4 – April 10, 2014, 8:30 AM to 2:00 PM
- Paynter Senior Center – 914 Strawberry Lane Clayton – Call 315.686.3553 for an appointment.
Mondays, February 24, March 3 and March 10
- American Legion – 415 West Street Carthage – Call 315.493.1545 for an appointment.
1st Tuesday of the month, then Wednesdays the remainder of the month, February 4 – April 9, 2014, 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM