About Community Action
Community Action Planning Council of Jefferson County, Inc. is a Community Action Agency – one of 50 in New York State and one of over 1,000 nationwide. Community Action Agencies all have a common purpose – to assist, support and empower low-income households. However, each agency recognizes and responds to the needs of the community with specialized programs and services.
Locally, Community Action is many things:
- Head Start – a comprehensive preschool and childhood development program for 3 and 4 year olds
- Universal Pre-K – a partnership with Indian River, Watertown and Sacket’s Harbor School Districts
- The Jefferson-Lewis Childcare Project – child care resource and referrals for families, providers and employers in Lewis and Jefferson Counties
- Housing and Energy Services – a program that provides energy efficient improvements and repairs to homes
- The Family Center – a broad range of services that promote self-reliance and address emergency needs, such as the food pantry, nutrition outreach, holiday programs and tax counseling
To learn more about Community Action Planning Council, click on the links above or phone us at 315.782.4900.
Our main office is located at 518 Davidson Street in Watertown, NY 13601
Business hours are 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM; we close in recognition of most major holidays. Food Pantry hours are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM.