Free summer Meals for kids!

Community Action Planning Center is gearing up to provide children with nutritious breakfasts and lunches during the summer months when school meals are not available.  The Summer Food Service Program runs July 6 through August 13.  Meals will be offered at 18 sites in Jefferson County, 14 of which are sponsored by Community Action Planning Council and 4 are sponsored by the Watertown City School District. Free meals that meet federal nutrition guidelines are provided to all children 18 years old and under (up to age 21 if disabled).

Click the links below to download the site list and meal times for your neighborhood.

Watertown School District Menus and site information 

Community Action Planning Council (CAPC) Site locations and times

Click here for CAPC July menu (All sites except Thompson Park)

Click here for CAPC July menu for Thompson Park

Click here for CAPC August menu (All sites except Thompson Park)

Click here for CAPC August menu for Thompson Park

Children eating

The Summer Food Service Program is funded by the US Department of Agriculture.  For more information about the Summer Food Service Program, call 315. 782.4900, extension 222.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.) 

 If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request a form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities, may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish).