Head Start Centers
Head Start increases helps prepare the children of low-income families to succeed in school. Studies indicate that Head Start children are more likely to graduate from high school than their low-income peers without the benefit of Head Start.
Head Start offers support to the entire family, with a variety of services related to the areas of education and early childhood development: medical, dental, mental health, nutrition, family support and parent involvement. Head Starts offers full and part day classes, as well as a home-based option for rural areas. Transportation is available within center boundaries. Centers are located at:
- Watertown Center – 518 Davidson Street Watertown
- Carthage Center – 226 North School Street Carthage
- South Jefferson Center – Maynard Wilson Building 13180 US Route 11 Adams Center
- Dexter Center – 415 East Grove Street Dexter
- Evans Mills Center – 8442 S Main Street Evans Mills