Experienced volunteer tax preparers are busy at Community Action Planning Council preparing for the 2021 Federal and State income tax season! All tax preparers undergo rigorous training and are certified by the Internal Revenue Service. Tax preparation is a free service available to residents of Jefferson, Lewis, and St Lawrence Counties with household incomes less than $58,000.
We will be available for appointments Monday – Wednesday – Friday from 8:30 am – 1:30 pm in Watertown and Thursdays in Carthage from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm, January 31, 2022 through April 15, 2022. (We will NOT be available on Monday, February 21, 2022.)
Tax Preparation will be available by appointment only. Please call for appointments at both Watertown and Carthage locations at 315-782-4900 ext. 271. If the voice mail picks up, please leave a message with your name and phone number and we will call you back.
Here is how it will work this year, due to COVID 19: You will drop off your documents at your scheduled time and once the tax preparer has completed the return, they will call you to pick up a copy of the completed return and we will e-file your tax return for you.
- You must make under $58,000.00
- You will need to bring all income statements (W-2, unemployment forms, 1099 etc)
- You will need original Social Security Cards for yourself and all persons listed on your taxes.
- You will need a picture ID, bank name, routing and account numbers if you wish to direct deposit.
- You will need to bring form 1095-A if you pay for insurance through the Marketplace.
We are not able to prepare returns for self-employment or the military.